Monday, October 27, 2008

News at it happens.

Each night many of us sit and watch the news of the day. A half hour segment split into news, sport and weather, with around a third of time taken up with commercials.

For me waiting around until 6:30pm to hear the weather doesn't make sense, when the Bureau of Meteorology provides a very good service and it is easily available on the Internet. Sometimes I would like more than a brief overview of a story provided by the nightly news, and at other times, I'd prefer to skip a number of stories.

It occurred to me, what if I could access the latest headlines. I could then scan the headlines and read only the articles of interest to me. The result of this idea is the NEWS page which provides links to the headlines from a number of the major media organisations, and of course, the latest weather.

You can access the NEWS page from JustLocal. Just click on the following image.

Enjoy.

- Kelvin Eldridge

No comments:

Post a Comment