Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Alert: Be careful when topping up Myki cards using the machines as the receipts are difficult to locate.

A while ago I topped up my Myki card at the Box Hill train station and I looked all around to find the receipt. The machine was curved so the receipt was placed further back than expected and was difficult to find.

When I pulled out my receipt I also pulled out receipts for a couple of other people. The one in particular that concerned me was for a young lady. On the receipt is most of her debit card number (excluding a few digits), the expiry date of the card, the type of account (savings), that it was a proprietary debit card, that she was a MS and her first and last name. Leaving a transaction receipt with a person’s first and last name to me is a concern and the design of the machine means the receipts aren’t obvious and could be easily overlooked.

Make sure you collect your receipt when purchasing Myki top ups using the machines.

 

Kelvin Eldridge

Online Connections

www.OnlineConnections.com.au

Call 0415 910 703 for computer advice and support.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment