Sunday, March 10, 2013

What is my IP address?

When you connect your computer to the internet you are connecting using a given IP (Internet Protocol) address which uniquely identifies your computer if you are connecting directly, or the group of computers if sharing an internet connections.

Over the years I’ve used the internet address when diagnosing a problem on a computer so I’ve found it handy to have the IP address available. Usually it takes a number of steps to determine the IP address for a computer so I decided a quicker way was to write an web app which would display the IP address for me. Now all I need to do is to go to the web address http://www.onlineconnections.com.au/myipaddress/ and I can determine the IP address. For convenience the IP address app will be available on the JustLocal site www.JustLocal.com.au along with my other handy web apps.

 

Kelvin Eldridge

Online Connections

www.OnlineConnections.com.au

Call 0415 910 703 for computer advice and support.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment