Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Alert: Westpac:New Payment

I've received a number of the following emails to different email address. These are fake scam emails and not from Westpac.

Westpac are currently forcing people to register an email address to use their online services. I keep reporting this to Westpac. Westpac just don't get how many scam emails are targeted at their customers every week.

My advice is don't provide your email address to your financial providers and then you know every email is a scam. There is no reason for my banks to send me an email. They have other ways to contact me.

Unfortunately eventually I will be forced to dump Westpac as I see little chance of Westpac catering to my needs.

If you receive these emails you should delete them. The links take you to what is most likely a hijacked WordPress site.  

Dear Customer,

Email: contactus@justlocal.com.au

Date: 11/11/2014

This email is to confirm that you recently made a Funds Transfer to a payee with account ending 8169 for the first time.

For more information about this payment please log in and select 'Payment list' from the Funds transfer menu.

Please Click here if you did not perform this transfer.

Sincerely,
Westpac Internet and SMS Banking Team


Please do not reply to this email. If you have questions regarding this email
please contact our support area on 1344 651 656 (7am to 9pm) Monday-Friday
or 9am to 6pm Saturday-Sunday AEST/AEDT).


Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment