Friday, November 21, 2014

United Energy Summer Saver Trial

I received a letter from United Energy inviting me to participate in their Summer Saver Trial. I checked all their information and everything appears above board. In effect you can receive up to $100 per summer by reducing your energy usage for three hours on what they call an 'event day'. A day of high temperature. I'm assuming this means up to four days.

I'm happy to participate in the trial as I enjoy saving energy. The problem for me is since I'm already a relatively low energy user, it may be hard for me to reduce the energy usage even further, but I'm happy to give it a go. Our current energy usage is around 5-7 kWh per day.

For those interested in saving money on electricity, reducing your usage is quite effective. I wrote and use the following Energy Cost Calculator to work out how much appliances were costing me. Knowledge as they say is power. In this case, less power.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.JustLocal.com.au
Helping your business to be found by your neighbour.

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo! Accepted into the trial. It will be interesting to see how this goes.

    ReplyDelete