Saturday, November 29, 2014

Apple Mac OS X birthday and anniversary reminders keep popping up for November 30th.

Turned the computer on this morning and I had a whole lot of birthday reminders pop up. Weird I thought. So what is it that made all these reminders appear.



I don't really enter contacts into the MacBook Air and I certainly don't enter birthdays, so I decided to check the contact book and see what the birthday date was for one of the entries. It turns out the date for the entry was November 30 1999. In fact all those with birthdays had the date November 30 1999. The anniversary date is also November 30 1999 so I can expect messages for those as well.

Somewhere along the line I suspect this data was input and the dates set up incorrectly. Not sure where this happened. Most of the data has come from my iPhone entries and synchronised to the MacBook Air via Apple's cloud service.

Anyway, if someone's birthday or anniversary really is on the 30th of November then happy birthday or congratulations.

Looks like I made need to do some editing before next November.

Kelvin Eldridge
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for IT support.

No comments:

Post a Comment