Monday, August 05, 2013

Alert: Westpac New and Improved Database

Today I've received three faked Westpac notifications and I felt I should warn others. The emails all have the subject "Westpac New and Improved Database".

Two of the emails came from Germany and one came from Canada. When I check where the links go to (using a secured computer – don't use your usual computer) it would appear they are sites using WordPress which have been compromised and infected with malicious content. Whilst I couldn't get to see the actual screen a user would be presented with, it could be designed to collect users' logon information or data for identity theft.

You should delete these emails.

Kelvin Eldridge
Online Connections
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for computer support.
Servicing Templestowe, Doncaster, Eltham and the surrounding area.

No comments:

Post a Comment