Saturday, February 23, 2013

Qantas Cash - Take care when loading currencies with BPAY

A few years ago I had a bad experience with BPAY. I paid late one night before a long weekend. My credit card payment was late so I was expecting to pay interest. What I wasn't expecting was additional banking fees for late payment. The reason is whilst I paid in the Friday, it was past the banks cut-off time for the day which I didn't know. Thus the payment didn't get processed as having been paid until the following Tuesday. The late payment was due on the Monday, but because the BPAY transaction didn't go through until the next banking day I was charged a late payment fee.

That taught me an important lesson. You have to allow plenty of time if you make a payment by BPAY. Pay on a weekday before the banks cut-off time and things are OK. But pay after the cut-off time, particularly before weekends or public holidays and it could take days before the money arrives.

What concerns me with Qantas Cash is the first line of their "Brief snapshot of benefits" which is, "Load up to 9 different currencies simultaneously via BPAY".

BPAY states available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is, but the transaction doesn't occur 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For example load money late on Thursday before Easter and the money may not be available until possibly Thursday the following week.

A considerable amount of travel is done around public holiday and weekend periods. You don't want to think you have transferred money when it actually may take days before it is available to you.


Kelvin Eldridge
Online Connections
www.OnlineConnections.com.au
Call 0415 910 703 for computer support.
Servicing Templestowe, Doncaster, Eltham and the surrounding area.

No comments:

Post a Comment